What Lies Below

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Call.

2 posters

Other Parts of Town

Keeper
    Keeper
    Admin

Other Parts of Town Empty Other Parts of Town

Post  Keeper Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:57 pm

[placeholder]
    thatguyb25
    thatguyb25

Other Parts of Town Empty Re: Other Parts of Town

Post  thatguyb25 Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Harry gingerly stepped off the plane onto the tarmac relived to be away from the cramped spaces of the private jet he'd contracted. "I never like flying," he said to himself, "private jet or not I cant help but feel a bit claustrophobic on them." He noted that his arrival was greeted with the sun setting over the Rockies and their was a faint chill in the air as the wind penetrated his clothes. "This place hasn't changed in the ten years since I was last here. Well I might as well check into my room."

"Mr. Patterson," a man wearing a untailored looking suit called to him, "so glad you could make it. If you would follow me we have a car waiting to taxi you." The man motioned to a navy blue 4 door sedan with no markings on it.

"Yes, I would like to get out of this chill. Grab my bags please." With that Harry headed off to the car and entered on the passenger side.
    Keeper
    Keeper
    Admin

Post  Keeper Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:45 pm

As he set the bags in the trunk, the man began to talk. "The name is Walter Edmonds.Let me give you a quick briefing, if you don't mind?" He opened the door to let his passenger in, then hurried around to the drivers seat. Once settled, he resumed. "Mister Tanner and the Galt company are looking to sell the property off as a whole to a research firm. The ore levels have dipped to the extent that we won't turn a profit, and we can't seem to return to the same depths they were at the boom period. Now, they need to make sure that this is cleared by the board of directors, of course, and since you are still on the board - technically, at least - they figured that you could be the swing vote. Nothing too fancy, the deal is somewhere in the hundred fifty million range. I'm sure your stock would see a temporary surge. And we've mined what we needed from it. The research group want to try and find the old mining town in it, for some sort of American history or archaeology lesson. Townsfolk don't have a clue, so there won't be any protests or other concerns for you." After a momentary pause, he spoke again. "To the inn or to Mister Tanner, sir?"
    thatguyb25
    thatguyb25

Post  thatguyb25 Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:51 pm

"So 150 mil for me from this deal?" Harry chuckled to himself. "It was a joke Mr. Edmonds no need to answer I remember how these things go. For the moment I would like a chance to get situated before seeing Mr. Tanner. The only other two questions I have are: When is the meeting, and what is there to do for fun in this town?"
    Keeper
    Keeper
    Admin

Post  Keeper Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:05 am

"Mister Tanner requests your presence as soon as possible. As far as fun, there is....well, the Inn has a bar. That's the best I can offer to you." He took a right turn, cruising towards the Stagger with no other traffic on the road. "I'll let him know that you're in town though. He'll contact you or come down, I'm sure, with the Hill rep. Here you are sir, Stagger Inn. Pride of Crestview, I guess." He stopped the car and got out to fight with the bags.
    [-exit scene]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:39 am